Some of the updates and new features in the release 7 include:
Six-Way Analysis™ – A combination of six charts that provides an at-a-glance overview of your process.
Capability summary chart – Allows at-a-glance capability and performance indices to be evaluated.
Normal Probability Plot – Allows process normality to be easily evaluated.
Global filter for multi-charts – Saves time by allowing easy editing of the charts in the multi-chart with one filter instead of editing each chart individually.
Ability to group data in reports – so that analysis can easily be performed (and grouped) by batch number, lot number, shift, year (and other time intervals), or other identifiers.
Quick Find feature – Easily find and add data so that less time will be spent searching for data groups.
Quick report feature – Allows a statistical summary report to be created and displayed in seconds.
- New user interface for a better user experience.
- SQL Server support: SQCpack now uses a SQL Server database, ensuring a robust and flexible data management system, and provides automatic database backup. It also allows simultaneous access to the database by multiple users.
- The ability to link directly to additional data sources, such as SQL Server, Excel, Oracle, and others providing the flexibility to chart data from virtually any database in which your information is stored.
- StatBoard®: A statistical dashboard that provides at-a-glance process summary information for data-driven decision making. StatBoard allows you to easily provide Proof of Quality for many measures including process capability, performance, and stability, as well as out-of-spec statistics. StatBoard prioritizes your charts according to the metric you select, and the visuals allow you to easily identify processes that require your attention.
- CMM Integration: Automatically import process measurement data for quick SPC analysis.
- Data devices makes it easy to import data from handheld measuring devices such as calipers, scales, micrometers, etc.
- Divisions: Allows users to be added to Divisions, enabling users to see only data and charts relevant to their divisions, while all share a database within SQCpack.
- Categories: Data groups, charts, and reports can be associated with a category, which allows for easy sorting and filtering.
- Chart creation wizard: Empowers the ease of chart creation with an easy three-step process.
- Live chart editing: Changes instantly appear on charts as they are edited.
- Audit trail, data, and chart security ensure the integrity of your data and charts.
- Enhanced chart types, such as stacked bar Pareto charts.
- Sample prompting to remind users when data should be entered.
- Searching to quickly find data groups, charts, or reports.
- Filtering: Allows you to see only the subset of data groups, charts, and reports that you are interested in.
- Hundreds of user experience improvements that further streamline the process of managing your processes.
- Translations: New language support for German, Spanish LA (Latin America), Mandarin and Portuguese.
- Note: Data and charts from SQCpack 6.5, and charts from CHARTrunner and CHARTrunner Lean can be imported into SQCpack 7.
- Certificate of Analysis: A quick and easy way to present summary information for your data.
- Ability to display charts in separate windows: Allows charts to be displayed on other monitors.
- Cpk interpretation option added to Histograms to get interpretation advice related to Cpk.
- If notes, causes, or corrective actions are applied to all characteristics, they are now visible for individual characteristics during data entry.
- Added the ability to select and multi-select divisions/categories for data groups and charts.
- Divisions, Categories, and Choice lists allow sorting.
- Added ability to export and import a data group (with charts and data), making it easy to move a data group from one database to another.
- One or more samples can be selected (highlighted) in a chart while viewed as part of a multi-chart.
- Added the ability to add causes, notes, and corrective actions from individual charts as well as multi-charts. (Previously, this was only available during data entry.)
- Added ability to control decimals/formatting for data shown above control charts, allowing more data to be readable.
- The y-axis labels on charts can be formatted with currency or percent for increased understanding.
- Chart templates can be used to specify the default chart type saving time for users.
- Ability to import data directly from Excel files.