Welcome to Quality eLine, a monthly newsletter from PQ Systems, Inc., developers of software products and training services that help customers demonstrate proof of their quality performance. This newsletter gives you industry news, case studies, and information about product enhancements and tips to enhance your software use.
Warning: When calibration isn’t enough:
Identifying measurement problems
In this new white paper Jacqueline Graham, Ph.D., points out that keeping your car in good condition is analogous to calibration of equipment. But is this enough? Read more.
Another quiz from Professor Cleary—and last
Winners of last month's quiz and a copy of the Quality Quiz Classics DVD are Claire Bronstein (CaridianBCT); Andre Kleyner (Delphi Corporation); Raghu Malayanuru (Velosi LLC); Laura McHugh (Provena Saint Joseph Medical Center); Alistair Milne (MB Aerospace). Congratulations! For this month's quiz, and a chance to win a copy of the newly-released collection of Quality Quiz Classics, go to Quality Quiz. Submit your response by May 27 to be entered in the drawing.
Data in everyday life:
Automakers' fuel economy
Data relating to the fuel economy average for automakers’ fleets is collected by the EPA. This CHARTrunner chart shows the average combined highway/city miles per gallon for the top ten manufacturers, from the list of the top 30 provided by the EPA. See chart.
Six Sigma and more:
Pay it Forward—one more time
David Schwinn takes us back to this classic book and movie, with thoughts about leadership. Read more.
Bytes and Pieces:
- Elective delivery of babies: This seminar will address neonatal safety, and the issues surrounding the increasing numbers of delivery dates based on convenience rather than the health of the newborn. Read more.
- World Conference on Quality: PQ Systems will exhibit at booth #1311 at ASQ’s annual conference on May 24-26 in St. Louis. Read more.
- ASTD International Conference scheduled: It’s not too late to attend this May 16-19 conference featuring five tracks of sessions for a variety of audiences. Read more.
- Cessna Aircraft is winner: The company scored highest on customer satisfaction surveys using MarketTools CustomerSat survey system. Read more.
- Fixing dysfunctional client relations: This Newsweek article addresses ways to mend sour relationships. Read more.
Current versions of software:
To determine the most recent version of PQ Systems' primary software products, check Help > PQ Systems on the web > Check for updates on your program (for SQCpack, GAGEpack, and CHARTrunner). To review current maintenance downloads and version numbers for all PQ Systems software, go to: http://www.pqsystems.com/support/SoftwareUpdates.php
Copyright 2010 by PQ Systems, Inc.
210 B East Spring Valley Road, Dayton, OH 45458
All rights reserved.