Welcome to Quality eLine, a monthly newsletter from PQ Systems, Inc., developers of software products and training services that help customers demonstrate proof of their quality performance. This newsletter gives you industry news, case studies, and information about product enhancements and tips to enhance your software use.
Six simple steps to sound sampling
Using correct sampling techniques will save time and money—and avoid destructive processes. The key is knowing what questions you want to answer, and going from there. Read more.
Another quiz from Professor Cleary—and last
Winners of last month's quiz and a copy of the Quality Quiz Classics DVD are Alice Akelman (S.L. Alekman Associates, Inc.); Michael Borton (Xerox Corporation); Owen Gutteridge (MSP Group); Bruce Jefferson (Bruns Machine); and Patty Walton (Cleveland Clinic). Congratulations! For this month's quiz, and a chance to win a copy of the newly-released collection of Quality Quiz Classics, go to Quality Quiz. Submit your response by April 30 to be entered in the drawing.
Data in everyday life:
Driving distances on the PGA Tour
With the Master’s tournament this month, this chart demonstrates increasing average driving distances on the PGA Tour since 1980. This chart was suggested by Dick Rugge, Senior Technical Director, United States Golf Association. See chart.
Six Sigma and more:
More about numbers from David Schwinn
Many business decisions are made based on very little understanding of how numbers work, and David Schwinn explores the consequences. Read more.
Bytes and Pieces:
- Video released: In three minutes, see why control charts are important. You may want to show this just-released, snappy video to your boss. Read more.
- World conference: Don Berwick MD and Rosabeth Moss Kanter are among the speakers for the 2010 International Forum on Quality and Safety in Health Care April 20-23 in Nice, France. (Berwick is currently being considered to lead the nation’s Medicare program.) Read more.
- Toyota quality: An automotive consumer attitudes survey indicates that Toyota has fallen from first to sixth place in quality. Read more.
- Metrology vocabulary: The third edition of the International Vocabulary of Metrology (VIM3)is now available from Bureau International de Poids et Mesures (BIPM) and can be downloaded from BIPM’s website. Read more.
- Broadband quality rated: Britain lags behind other countries in broadband quality, according to an Oxford University survey. Read more.
Current versions of software:
To determine the most recent version of PQ Systems' primary software products, check Help > PQ Systems on the web > Check for updates on your program (for SQCpack, GAGEpack, and CHARTrunner). To review current maintenance downloads and version numbers for all PQ Systems software, go to: http://www.pqsystems.com/support/SoftwareUpdates.php
Copyright 2010 by PQ Systems, Inc.
210 B East Spring Valley Road, Dayton, OH 45458
All rights reserved.