Welcome to Quality eLine, a monthly newsletter from PQ Systems, Inc., developers of software products and training services that help organizations improve their processes and products and achieve compliance to standards. This newsletter gives you industry news, case studies, and information about product enhancements and tips to enhance your software use.
In this issue you will find:
- Summary reporting, chart review makes analysis easy with SQCpack release
- Quality Quiz: Another quiz from Professor Cleary--and last month’s winners! Plus, watch for video to support quiz.
- Data in everyday life: School enrollment charted.
- Bytes and pieces: Quality Expo, hospital safety, Plant of the Year.
- Six Sigma and more: David Schwinn addresses deepening the dream.
- FYI: How to check current version numbers and maintenance releases.
New summary reporting, chart review makes analysis easy with SQCpack release
A new release of SQCpack , a stand-alone tool for general statistical process control (SPC) charting and analysis, adds out-of-control summary reporting, powerful chart review features, and automatic assisted capability interpretation. Read more.
Another quiz from Professor Cleary—and last month’s winners!
Winners of last month's quiz and a copy of Quality Gamebox are Karima Branch (Baptist Hospital of Miami); Ryan Fleser (McQuay International); Calvin Hendriz (Milliken); Dale Smith (Alabama Southern Community College); Debbie Stewart (Baptist St. Anthony’s Health System). Congratulations! For this month's quiz, and a chance to win a copy of the popular Quality Gamebox program, go to Quality Quiz. Submit your response by September 28 to be entered in the drawing.
Data in everyday life:
This CHARTrunner chart shows a pattern in school enrollment since 1969. Can you guess what that pattern is? See chart.
Six Sigma and more:
David Schwinn reflects on deepening the dream
Create a climate that encourages motivation by assuring that the actions taken by the employees are personally rewarding, providing immediate feedback, and making the mission larger than the people doing the work…the larger the better. David Schwinn reflects on ways to do this. Read more.
Bytes and Pieces:
- Going to Quality Expo? Be our guest! Here’s a coupon for free admission to the giant Chicago show. Learn more.
- Hospital safety: Hospitals with the strongest patient safety cultures have managers on the front lines that understand methods of improvement. IHI offers an October seminar to establish this culture. Learn more.
- Plant of the year: Quality magazine’s Plant of the Year Award goes to Freightliner truck manufacturing plant in North Carolina. Learn more.
Current versions of software:
To determine the most recent version of PQ Systems' primary software products, check Help/PQ on the web/check for updates on your program (for SQCpack, GAGEpack, and CHARTrunner). To review current maintenance downloads and version numbers for all PQ Systems software, go to: http://www.pqsystems.com/support/SoftwareUpdates.php
Copyright 2007 by PQ Systems, Inc.,
210 B East Spring Valley Road, Dayton, OH 45458
All rights reserved.