Welcome to Quality eLine, a monthly newsletter from PQ Systems, Inc., developers of software products and training services that help organizations improve their processes and products and achieve compliance to standards. This newsletter gives you industry news, case studies, and information about product enhancements and tips to enhance your software use.
In this issue you will find:
- Fun and games—with statistics?
- Quality Quiz: Another quiz from Professor Cleary--and last month’s winners! Plus, watch for video to support quiz.
- Data in everyday life: How many above-90 days in your city?
- Bytes and pieces: Food quality, healthcare conference, job satisfaction, quality in the military.
- MSA with Jackie Graham: When should a measurement study be done?
- FYI: How to check current version numbers and maintenance releases
Fun and games—with statistics?
Mere mention of statistics may strike fear into the hearts of some aspiring quality professionals—not to mention business students and others who try to live quiet and satisfying lives outside the world of data. Quality Gamebox, a lighthearted approach to statistics, may change all that. In fact, the software program is so much fun that it may become addictive, especially to those who like games. Check out this new version of PQ System’s popular collection. Read More.
Another quiz from Professor Cleary—and last month’s winners!
Winners of last month's quiz and a copy of Quality Gamebox are Gary Burger (Army Corps of Engineers); Heidi Kappa (Delta Flex Products, Inc.); Tim Bumgarner (UPS); David Gels (Philips Medical Systems); Janet Montz (OCI Wyoming). Congratulations! For this month's quiz, and a chance to win a copy of the popular Quality Gamebox program, go to Quality Quiz. Submit your response by August 27 to be entered in the drawing.
Data in everyday life:
Think it’s hot where you live?
This chart shows the average number of above-90-degree days in selected cities. See chart.
MSA with Jackie Graham:
When should a measurement study be done?
Jackie Graham , Ph.D., gives guidelines for knowing when to undertake a study. When in doubt—do a study! Read More.
Bytes and Pieces:
- Protecting food supply: ASQ examines food contamination and ways to control incidents that are sometimes in the news. Learn more.
- NAHQ Conference speakers: Bertice Berry, Ph.D., James Conway, and Jonathan Perlin, MD, PhD are among the featured speakers for the September national conference for the National Association for Healthcare Quality. PQ Systems' Michael J. Cleary, PhD and Matt Savage join them as speakers for the September 9-12 national conference in Boston. Learn more.
- Job satisfaction: State of the Profession survey suggests where quality professionals find satisfaction. Learn more.
Current versions of software:
To determine the most recent version of PQ Systems' primary software products, check Help/PQ on the web/check for updates on your program (for SQCpack, GAGEpack, and CHARTrunner). To review current maintenance downloads and version numbers for all PQ Systems software, go to: http://www.pqsystems.com/support/SoftwareUpdates.php
Copyright 2007 by PQ Systems, Inc.,
210 B East Spring Valley Road, Dayton, OH 45458
All rights reserved.