Welcome to Quality eLine, a monthly newsletter from PQ Systems, Inc., developers of software products and training services that help organizations improve their processes and products and achieve compliance to standards. This newsletter gives you industry news, case studies, and information about product enhancements and tips to enhance your software use.
In this issue you will find:
- Keeping track of 2,000 gages: Learn how Honeywell tackles the task.
- Quality Quiz: Another quiz from Professor Cleary--and last month’s winners! Plus, watch for video to support quiz.
- Data in everyday life: As graduation looms, dropouts won’t be marching down the aisle. Chart shows dropout trends since 1967.
- Bytes and pieces: Healthcare conference in Asia; Raytheon’s Maritime Mission Center wins award; live satellite broadcast of conference presentations.
- MSA with Jackie Graham: Setting up a measurement study
- FYI: How to check current version numbers and maintenance releases
Keeping track of 2,000 gages:
Learn how Honeywell tackles the task
Honeywell Propulsion Systems Enterprise keeps track in its Ireland facility. Read More.
Another quiz from Professor Cleary—and last month’s winners!
Winners of last month's quiz and a copy of Quality Gamebox are Jennifer Horon (US Smokeless Tobacco); Sandy Johnson (ExxonMobil Chemical Co.); Randall B. Jones (D.C. Industries, Inc.); Karen Shamenek (WellSpan Health System); and Rich Warley (McAfee Tool & Die Inc.). Congratulations! For this month's quiz, and a chance to win a copy of the popular Quality Gamebox program, go to Quality Quiz. Submit your response by June 29 to be entered in the drawing.
Data in everyday life:
Graduation drop-out rates
June is graduation month, but some who started school dropped out before that day arrived for them. See chart.
MSA with Jackie Graham:
Setting up a measurement study
To assure quality of data analysis that depends on measurement systems, you’ll need to set up a measurement study. Here’s how.
Bytes and Pieces:
- More than a thousand healthcare professionals gathered in Singapore last month to discuss healthcare quality in the Asia Pacific. Learn more.
- Raytheon’s Maritime Mission Center has been recognized with the prestigious Northeast Shingo Prize for Excellence in Manufacturing. Learn more.
- The Institute for Healthcare Improvement has announced live satellite broadcast of the National Forum Plenary and Miniplenary presentations during its 19th Annual National Forum next December. Learn more.
Current versions of software:
To determine the most recent version of PQ Systems' primary software products, check Help/PQ on the web/check for updates on your program (for SQCpack, GAGEpack, and CHARTrunner). To review current maintenance downloads and version numbers for all PQ Systems software, go to: http://www.pqsystems.com/support/SoftwareUpdates.php
Copyright 2007 by PQ Systems, Inc.,
210 B East Spring Valley Road, Dayton, OH 45458
All rights reserved.