Welcome to Quality eLine, a monthly newsletter from PQ Systems, Inc., developers of software products and training services that help organizations improve their processes and products and achieve compliance to standards. This newsletter gives you industry news, case studies, and information about product enhancements and tips to enhance your software use.
In this issue you will find:
- CHARTrunner control chart summary saves time, enhances analysis.
- Quality Quiz: Another quiz from Professor Cleary--and last month’s winners! Plus, watch for video to support quiz.
- Data in everyday life: Is your job gratifying? Chart shows most satisfying jobs, according to survey.
- Bytes and pieces: Board involvement in quality; capital spending survey; ASQ and Virginia Tech; Ford awards.
- Six Sigma and more: David Schwinn.
- FYI: How to check current version numbers and maintenance releases.
New CHARTrunner release:
CHARTrunner control chart summary saves time, enhances analysis
A new release of CHARTrunner makes it easy to find and display only the most problematic charts among many charts being monitored.
Another quiz from Professor Cleary—and last month’s winners!
Winners of last month's quiz and a copy of Quality Gamebox are Henry Case (Wayne-Dalton Plastics); Kelvin Kaddatz (Teleflex Medical); Patricia R. Mathis (Firestone Building Products); David Muffley (Federal Mogul); and La Sheena Thompson (Rolls Royce). Congratulations! For this month's quiz, and a chance to win a copy of the popular Quality Gamebox program, go to Quality Quiz. Submit your response by May 31 to be entered in the drawing.
Data in everyday life:
What jobs do people find most gratifying?
This chart shows the top ten, with respect to number in that profession who indicated that they are very satisfied with their jobs.
Six Sigma and more:
Profits and jobs
Is minimizing expense waste using Six Sigma ethical if it means cutting jobs? In this column, Schwinn addresses this conflict.
Bytes and Pieces:
- Board involvement in healthcare quality: Conference addresses ways to renew and sustain board commitment to quality and safety. Learn more.
- Survey of capital spending and demographics: Gardner Research has prepared a 2007 capital spending survey and forecast results. To print survey results or view online, visit http://www.gardnerweb.com/index.html.
- ASQ reaches out to Virginia Tech community: With faculty, staff, and students as members of ASQ, the organization is reaching out to the university community. Learn more.
- Ford gives award: Ford Motor Company recently presented its highest supplier honor—the World Excellence Award—to 55 of its global suppliers for their 2006 performance. Learn more.
Current versions of software:
To determine the most recent version of PQ Systems' primary software products, check Help/PQ on the web/check for updates on your program (for SQCpack, GAGEpack, and CHARTrunner). To review current maintenance downloads and version numbers for all PQ Systems software, go to: http://www.pqsystems.com/support/SoftwareUpdates.php
Copyright 2007 by PQ Systems, Inc.,
210 B East Spring Valley Road, Dayton, OH 45458
All rights reserved.